Session 3: Being RejectedTad Richard2018-08-05T20:55:47-04:00
- What, from previous sessions, has come back around to speak to you?
- Which of the homework exercises have had an unexpected impact on your outlook?
- Where is this path leading you?
Questions for Discernment
- Is being humble a comfortable or uncomfortable experience? Can one have humility without being humiliated?
- Why are we afraid of rejection? Why do we take rejection personally?
- What can we learn from rejection? Is the lesson worth the pain? Can we get the lesson without the pain?
- Have you ever been rejected for something, but everything turned out OK in the end? What can you share from your personal experience?
- Create your own “rejection challenge”. Pick one outlandish request per day that you are almost certain to get rejected upon when asking. Keep a diary of how you felt before and after, and anything you learned.
- Recall a time when you were painfully rejected. Is there a way to take that event and turn it, or your memory of it, around for goodness?
- Recall a time when you made a mistake in rejecting someone else. Write them a note explaining why you rejected them then and what has changed since then. Send the note or keep it in a special place for the future.